<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 27, 2004

Drinking with the Locals: Adventures in Dog-sitting and Test Avoidance Continue...

I am hung over - I freaked out after studying and took off to to a local bar/restaurant and had a tiny adventure of sorts. I had a fine chat with the bartender and a couple of the locals - one works for Blossom Music Hall and the other is a waiter who will probably go to Iraq after he gets off probation. Also got to meet the owner of the restaurant, and we all bitched together about the Winking Lizard (corporate) restaurant across the street, which was filled to the brim with yuppies while our local joint was empty.

I bought shots for the two local guys, 'cause it was the waiter guy's birthday and he wasn't doing anything for it, and I reassured them that I was happily involved in a relationship and wasn't hitting on them or anything. I had my old glasses on and a crazy Pebbles Flintstone style pony-tail on the top of my head. My jean shorts had a giant red ink spot on my leg where I'd rolled over a red pen while studying earlier in the day. It was a comical role reversal of sorts - I felt like the 'yucky man barfly' buying shots for a pair of young single women at the bar - never mind that the Blossom guy was older than me - somewhere in his 50s he said. The waiter guy just turned 26, and I am 33.

I woke up today to Neil Young's 'Stupid Girl' playing in my head - that must mean something. How about I'm hung over the day before take II of my doctoral qualifying exam, and if I don't pass it this time I'm out of the program... I did study yesterday, though. I think I'll go check out what's on cable...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?